Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tip Tuesday: Hacking Your Road Trip

It is finally Summer time and that means vacation! The kids are home from school and you and your family are packing up the car to go on a road trip! Your car can only hold so much luggage and stuffed animals so what are you going to do when you stop for some snacks at a rest stop? Well today’s tip Tuesday is going to be all about how to “hack” your road trip! I will be mentioning some ideas on how you can stay organized with from toll money to eating those chicken nuggets with minimal mess!

When you take a road trip, there is always the possibility that you may need to pay a toll. Most of us have a bunch of change taking up space in a cup holder. In my vehicle, I keep my change in a small wallet in my console, but you can also use an old gum container! This is reusing something that may have been heading to the recycling bin. And with the easy to open tops you can pour change out in a breeze! 

Something I have in my vehicle for long drives is a little trash can. It’s made of a polyester material so it can be wiped clean. It is a collapsible one so I can just tuck it into one of the door pockets and pop it up when I need too! 



It also has two handles so you can put it on the back of a headrest if you wanted. I purchased it from the brand Natural Life, I will put a link at the bottom if anyone is interested! I am very picky about how my vehicle looks, it has to be clean, so this little trash can is perfect for tissues, candy wrappers, etc. It can also be used for recycling or a holder of really anything!


Another life saver involves using a shower caddy. When you stop for that late night snack at Wendy’s, it’s hard to hold your drink, chicken nuggets, fries, and ketchup all on your lap. This is when you can stick all of the food into a shower caddy to ensure you don’t lose any fries on those bumpy roads. You can also use the shower caddy to stick in the middle in the back seat to hold drinks, snacks, books, and other small items your kiddies will want during the ride.

One final tip for any road trip you may go on is having some kind of stand for a GPS or cell phone. I have a little stand that goes right into my dash. (I drive a Wrangler so if you have one too, check out the link below for what I have.)


Most vehicles have a large enough dashboard to put a small stand on there that can be compatible for any cell phone brand or GPS. There are also air vent mounts that you can put into the grooves of the vent to hold your phone up. The only problem with these are that if you have a car that has a swivel vent, they won’t be able to hold up your device. Please check on what works best for your vehicle, there are so many brands and types. These stands/mounts are super handy because they let you drive safer and make it easier to check your route guidance.


Going on a road trip can be stressful. Using these vacation hacks may help you stay more organized and prepared. Packing your kids, pets, and all their belongings in the car can be tough. Hopefully these “hacks” will help make your life a little easier! There are tons of other tips and tricks out there so don’t be afraid to do some research! Below I have added the links to the items I mentioned in case you had any interest in them. Please check them out! Hope you have a safe and fun Summer!

LINKS:

Collapsible garbage can: https://www.naturallife.com/car-stuff/pop-up-car-trash-bin-happycamper-1.html

Wrangler Dash Phone Holder: https://www.quadratec.com/products/12500_2333.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment